Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Humane Technologies Limited, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Humane Technologies Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Humane Technologies Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
This terms and conditions should be read alongside, and in addition to the following:
If you download digital content, our terms found at: https://humanetechnologies.co.uk/terms-for-downloading-digital-content.
If you purchase a product, our terms found at: https://humanetechnologies.co.uk/terms-for-product-purchase.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Humane Technologies Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11143927 whose registered address is The Venture Centre, University of Warwick Science Park, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry, United Kingdom, CV4 7EZ and it operates the Website https://humanetechnologies.co.uk.
You can contact Humane Technologies Limited by email on email@example.com.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
1. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
3. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us using the details above.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND ACCEPTABLE USE
4. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Humane Technologies Limited, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
5. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a. retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
b. download and store the Content in electronic form on a disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network)
c. print one copy of the Content
6. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Humane Technologies Limited.
7. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a. in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
b. in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
8. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Humane Technologies Limited or that of our affiliates.
9. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
10. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
11. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
12. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
13. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
14. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
15. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
17. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us on the details above.
AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE AND DISCLAIMERS
19. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Humane Technologies Limited makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Humane Technologies Limited is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
20. Whilst Humane Technologies Limited uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers. The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
21. Humane Technologies Limited accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
22. Humane Technologies Limited reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
23. This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including interactive features on our blog. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values. If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us using the details above.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
24. Whether you are a consumer or a user that is not a consumer:
a. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
b. Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of supply https://humanetechnologies.co.uk/terms-for-product-purchase.
25. If you are a user that is not a consumer:
a. We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
b. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
i. use of, or inability to use, our site; or
ii. use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
c. In particular, we will not be liable for:
i. loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
ii. business interruption;
iii. loss of anticipated savings;
iv. loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
v. any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
26. If you are a consumer user:
a. Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
b. If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation up to a maximum of £250. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
27. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
28. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
29. These terms and conditions together with the other terms and conditions referenced above contain the whole agreement between the parties relating to its subject matter and supersede all prior discussions, arrangements or agreements that might have taken place in relation to the terms and conditions.
30. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
31. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
32. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
The “Terms and Conditions” were last updated on 2018 September 13